Sunday, November 23, 2008

Flying Again

I love to fly! Not on planes, although I don't much mind that either....I'm talking about flying through the air with the greatest of ease....TRAPEZE!!

I went twice in the Spring. About a week ago, I learned from Danielle, that the trapeze folks were back at The Crossings in Austin!!! She and I made plans, almost immediately, to go once more while they were still here. One of her buddies, Mike, joined us too.

This time we had a full class....9 people were excited to fly!! 4 of the folks in our class were in town visiting Grandma....4 kids all under 14, and they were awesome. The littlest one was soooo stinking cute....and talk about flying?!?! When you only weigh about 60 pounds...yeah, you REALLY fly! They were all great, and made it such a different, and fun, experience this time. Also joining for their first flights were Jim and Phil.


Danielle and I each got about 6 flies.....yippee!! I tried another new "trick" this time. I didn't much enjoy the split last time, so this go round I opted for a Straddle Wick. This was MUCH easier, and not so bad on my back.

After 4 practice rounds, we got to try the catches - woohoo!! That is really the most fun - heehee! Every single person in our class nailed the catch....twice!!

It's such an awesome experience, and just makes your whole body smile. I'm sure it'll make our bodies all a little sore tomorrow....but it's all worth it!

Check out the video....hit play below. :)






9 comments:

~Kara~ said...

The terror came flodding back... just hearing him call 'HEP.'

Congrats, you are such an eagle. An eagle that can do the splits. In cute tights.

;)

~Kara~ said...

FLOODING. Not flodding.

Anonymous said...

i want to go next time!!!! that looks awesome! you looked like a pro! erika

Anonymous said...

Those are some crazy tights.

Weren't we just talking about our bodies falling apart? Good to see you're still beating yourself up. I'm doing the same thing...I hope the retirement home has cool wheel chairs when I get there! Then we can race.

-the fish

Anonymous said...

I want to trapeze! I need to find a place like that so that I can cross it off my list! :D

Marisa said...

this looks like so much fun!!! i totally want to do this - and i'm very impressed with your flying abilities :)

Shaunna said...

how fun!!! I would love to try this sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Annemarie, you are such a fun-loving daredevil! That's one of the things Brett loves about you, I'm sure! It looks like so much fun! If I wasn't so "old and achey" I would LOVE to go with ya! I'll have to tell you my "flying" story sometime.

Betty B.

Abigail Q said...

Ohhhh my gosh! So stinkin FUN!