Saturday, November 15, 2008

Keeping Austin Awesome

Lora and Nita were in Austin for the afternoon and evening, showing Siobhan (all the way from Ireland) the pretty part of Texas. Ok, Houston folk, don't get all up in arms....those were Lora's words!! Anyways...she'll be staying in Houston for a week with Lora, so she'll get to more than experience it too during her stay. She can make her own decision on which is prettier. :)

I met the girls for a little yummy din din at South Congress Cafe after my two (awesome) photoshoots for the day. Yes, I know, it seems that is where I always end up eating downtown....hush, it's one of my favorites. While I looked over the menu for a good 10 minutes, I ended up ordering the same exact thing that I do every time. Well, we all ate it actually. We split crab cakes, 2 salads, and 2 servings of my favorite entree....the perfect way to dine with friends! Get to try a little bit of everything and not get too stuffed!



After dinner, I wanted to take the girls to the famous Austin postcard. We managed to get a parking spot in the perfect spot to balance the camera for a timer shot. :) When you can get a photo framed like that on your own, who needs a passerby to help?



We hit up a few spots on West 6th afterwards. The fine folks in Austin were definitely "keeping it weird" during many parts of the evening......but that provided much entertainment for some great laughs with the girls!

2 comments:

N_Moore said...

yes, some do like to keep austin weird...getting low to a rita glass..did that really happen? :)

Annemarie said...

"Yes....that JUST happened." LOL