Friday, November 7, 2008

11 - 7

Wow. Today is my 32nd birthday. I sure don't feel like I'm supposed to be 32! Happy birthday to me. :)

I started to think today about all of the things that I've done in the last 365 days. I remember thinking on my birthday last year that this one was going to be a great year. Well, it definitely was......full of life, laughs, friends, love, and so much more. It's a good thing that I started blogging, or I don't think that I would have been able to keep track of it all.

In the last year, I ...

... traveled. A LOT. A few trips to mention - Costa Rica, Copper Mountain, San Diego, Chicago, Park City, LA, Santa Barbara, Las Vegas, Orlando, Weston/Ft Lauderdale/Miami, Minneapolis, DC, Denver, NYC, Herndon, Boston, and Martha's Vineyard. Some were for work, some for pleasure, but either way - that's a LOT of places to go in one year. If only I'd been able to consolidate and get miles on just one airline!!

... starting taking my passion for photography seriously. When my original holiday travel plans last year didn't pan out, I decided to use that money and get myself a digital SLR. Since then, I've taken thousands of pictures, have continued to invest in my photography with lenses and an upgraded camera, and, dare I say, started an actual photography "business". While it's small scale right now, it's a huge step in the right direction.....the direction that I want to go. It's all so thrilling and exciting to me, and I'm so glad that in the last year I've taken steps to pursuing a real dream of mine.

... I flew. Twice! For some reason, I'd always wanted to do Trapeze, and I got to do it this year. It was as awesome as I thought it would be. I just heard that they are back. I just might have to go again before they leave at the end of this month. :) What new adventure will I do this year? Richard Petty Driving Experience....maybe? Let's hope so!

... became a Christian. This is by far the biggest change in my life over the last year, and the most important to me. It's really what got me thinking about all that has happened to me in 12 months, but thought that I should mention a few other things too....you know, because I kind of like lists....and I have a hard problem being short winded on my blog. I've opened my heart to God, and it's been an amazing journey. I love what I'm learning, feeling, and experiencing each and every day - life is so much more fulfilled, peaceful and happy. I won't go into too much more...but I thought that I'd also give a shout out to my church, Lake Hills Downtown - it's the best place to be on any Sunday at 11am at Austin Music Hall - hope to see you there! :)

... I met Brett. My cheeks have been getting a workout from all the smiling....maybe that'll keep the wrinkles away a little longer - ha! :)

As if I didn't have enough fun celebrating last night, I joined a few of my girlfriends - old and young - for lunch at Chuy's today.


Toni, Scott and I went to see Body of Lies tonight to tie off the birthday celebration for the day!

It's been a great year, and I'm even more excited to see what is in store for me this coming year. Thanks to EVERYONE for the wonderful birthday wishes, and celebrating with me - you ALL made me feel so special today. Thank you!!! :)

8 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was a great one!

M:)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Annemarie.
God Bless.

Peace - Rene

All Things BD said...

Happy birthday! And Taboo? LOVE that game. If we could somehow do it over the internet, I'd totally challenge you. :)

All About the Arredondos said...

So glad we got to spend it with you and be a part of your exciting year! It is amazing how much you have grown over the past year that I can't wait to see what life has in store for you this next year! I know it will be great things!!

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated)birthday, cousin! Hope next year is even better than the last.

Love, Virginia

*Lissa* said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was awesome!

Anonymous said...

Please explain to me how I'm freakin' older than you and yet a class behind you at A&M. We know you're "Special" but did you get booted up a grade in elementary? I know I was never held back.

You had a busy year! Wonder what '09 will hold in stock for you. More cali trips?

-the fish

Lydia said...

Happy Belated B'day! Praise the Lord for your salvation and all His blessings the past year. I can't believe you haven't been doing photography for longer. Beautiful work!