Friday, November 21, 2008

Give me a T! Give me an A! Give me a Y! .......

My youngest sister, Taylor, is almost half way through her 5th year of teaching 6th, 7th AND 8th grade Math at Fort Settlement Middle School in Sugar Land, TX. For the last 3 years, she's been nominated by her peers for Teacher of the Year (wow!).

She's a fantastic teacher and loves what she does...although, she's also a very humble person who just loves doing her job for what it is, and isn't very comfortable "tooting her own horn". Each year there is an interview process for determining who will receive the title, and that part has always kind of freaked her out (understandably so....who ever likes interviews??).

Well, from what I've gathered, this year, they did something a little different, and also added an essay portion to the process. Well, evidently, Taylor's love for her job, her students, and what she does each and every day, hit home with the people making the decision.

Please join me in congratulating Taylor for being named "Teacher of the Year"!!! We're all so proud of her!!!

3 comments:

Tera said...

WOW! That's such an honor! Congrats!

All About the Arredondos said...

What a huge accomplishment!!! You should be very proud, Taylor! Many congrats!!

Beankountess said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so impressed and happy for you!!
Go Taylor Go!!