Friday, September 26, 2008

Rain, Rain and some more Rain in Boston

I flew into Boston late last night for a weekend of learning and fun! Even though I landed an hour later than I was expected, and it was past midnight when I found them, Shyla and Suzanne were all smiles waiting for me when I found them.

After getting to Shyla's place, we quickly crashed as there was still a full day of work on Friday before we could get started on the weekend. Today, I was on my concalls bright and early, and worked from Shyla's living room.....she was kind enough to let me use her Mac Book Pro since I couldn't get my laptop connected. Man, oh man, do I want one of those.....but, one thing at a time, Annemarie!!!

It was raining from the minute I woke up until after work when Suzanne came to get us, and we were on our way to the ferry dock. Normally it wouldn't have taken as long, but it was about a little over 2 hours for us to get to where we needed to be in order to get over to Martha's Vineyard, due to the rain and traffic!

We made it to the parking area of the transit authority, and learned that there was still room for us to take the car with us on the ferry - SCORE!!! So, we got ourselves over to the loading area, and then took off to grab a bite to eat before taking off. It was STILL raining, and it didn't look like it'd be letting up any time soon! Oh well, we made the most of it, and were still smiling!

The ferry ride was an interesting one. We were in the bottom of the boat, and the cars were all rocking pretty bad. All the rain for the day made for some choppy waters. BUT....we made it to land, and then our adventure began to find the hostel.

Suzanne had stayed at the hostel last time she was in Martha's Vineyard, and so we opted to do this again. What a super neat little place! It was so quaint, cozy, and luckily, very clean! :) It wasn't a busy weekend, probably due to the crappy weather, so we ended up having a room all to ourselves. :) Woohoo!!

We turned in a little bit after midnight....excited for what Saturday had in store!!!

4 comments:

~Kara~ said...

OMG you brave little soul. Never would I stay in a hostel. Only because of the movie HOSTEL. Freaks my shit out! Have you SEEN THAT MOVIE??? EEEEEEK.

Annemarie said...

LOL! We talked about that when we got there....luckily I haven't seen Hostel, or I might have felt different. But, this place was great, the beds/showers were decent, AND best of all, only $35 a night! Can't beat THAT on Martha's Vineyard!!

loragaige said...

What a steal! There was a cool one that we stumbled across in Chicago that had all this recreational stuff too like pool tables and ping pong. We didn't stay there, but it made hostels look pretty fun!

Brett Bollman said...

Staying in hostels really is rolling the dice. I've stayed in some really decent ones... and some really bad ones. Looks like you gals did alright.

I wish it would rain out here a little bit.