Sunday, September 28, 2008

Life IS Good!!!

The rain started up again this morning around 6am....and it was still coming down pretty hard at 8am, when I had my alarm set to get up for the day. We had planned a little photoshoot for the morning before we left....but didn't expect it to be raining. So, I set the alarm for another hour, and when I got up at 9, it actually looked like it was clearing up a bit.

Well, the subject of the planned photoshoot.....was me. When I first met Shyla, I mentioned that I didn't know what it was like to be in FRONT of the camera....and she said "OH! I'll shoot you!". So, we were lucky to have this little chance, so we took it. We got my hair all done up, she did my makeup all pretty, and in a borrowed dress from Renae, Shyla's boots, we were on our way.

Shyla loves open fields, and we found a perfect one along the side of the road back towards town to stop. I was SOOOOOO AWKWARD....oh my goodness! Just made me appreciate SO much more how great everyone that I've shot has been....because, seriously, I was an idiot. After a few shots in the field, we got in the car and decided to get towards the ferry dock for the stand by line to get home.

We arrived at 1145am, and were the very last car allowed in the stand by line. When we asked them how long it would be until we left, he said that we had a least a few hours. We made a quick stop across the street to one of the shops, and came back at noon to be sure we wouldn't be holding up any lines if we had to move. Well....the noon boat left, but then another smaller one pulled up, and it was being loaded up too. The 1st stand by line was empty....the 2nd one was emptying....and then the cars in front of us started to move too. Would you believe it that we were the VERY last car, to back in, on the 1215 ferry!!! WOOHOO!!! So much for waiting a few hours....whew, we got so lucky.

Well, we hadn't really planned on leaving so early, we still had some shooting left to do....so, Shyla and I hopped out and finished up the shoot on the ferry. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't as weird and awkward on the boat, with all of the cars watching....well, it might have been Shyla's constant encouragement that the pics were actually looking good too. I didn't so much believe her until she showed me one or two, and then I was like "Hey, those aren't half bad....let's do this!" and we had a lot of fun going around the deck of the boat! Don't worry....I'll be showing them soon....but they'll deserve a post of their own because SHYLA is AMAZING and wonderful at what she does....so hang tight, you'll see them soon! :)

This was the view of when we were pulling out of the dock....seriously, so beautiful!

When we got back to the mainland, earlier than we expected, we headed over to Newbury Street in downtown Boston. What a perfectly New England area, I loved it. Especially the Life is Good store. Of course I had to get a little something from here too....such a fun place!!


Suzanne dropped us off, as she and a friend were headed to the NKOTB concert tonight. Shyla and I got some pizza, and settled in to review the day's shots. She had an advance copy of Ironman, so we hooked up the speakers to the computer, propped it up on the bookshelf, and relaxed as tying out the weekend.

3 comments:

Beankountess said...

Ironman was such a great flick!! I can't wait to see the pics she took of you!

Brett Bollman said...

The toes shot is cute... but imagining what you two looked like while you were actually taking the picture is probably even better!

Unknown said...

Love Newbury Street! I'm so glad you had fun in New England. If you ever come up to NH drop me a line. Portsmouth is alot of fun too!

Peace - Rene