Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ooooh......sandwiches!!!

If there is one thing that I have in common with Joey from Friends, it's that my favorite food is sandwiches!!! I like all kinds of sandwiches....but mostly the ones that have lots of stuff on them. I am definitely not a bread and meat only kind of girl....throw it all on there - mayo, mustard, meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, black olives, pickles, salt & pepper, oil & vinegar....got anything else you can put on there? Sure, add that too!! I love me some sandwiches!!

One of my favorite places for a good yummy sandwich is Tex-Andwiches. I remember noticing the teeny, rundown, building when I was at an eye doctor appointment about 7 years ago. After I saw the name, thought that maybe they had sandwiches there, and went to try it out.....and as they say.....the rest is history!

I've taken many people there, and they too have loved it! For a short time, we were without the yummy deliciousness because they were forced to shut down . The land they were on for something like 30+ years was bought by the city, and they had to close. But not to fret.....a few months later....they were back up and running in their new location!

I have the phone number memorized, 255-0294, but it's also saved in my phone. They get kind of busy sometimes, and it's nice to call ahead and put in my order. I've been eating there for so long that the owner knows me by name, and when I call, he says "Oh, I know you. See you in 5 minutes.".

Well, after dropping off a few things at the bank today, I needed a bite to eat, and I called upon my favorite sandwich place. When I went in to pick it up, there was a full fledge, like real, camera crew there...filming in the kitchen. I was all giddy and happy for them, and asked the owner what was going on. After giving me my lunch, he walked outside with me and told me that it was the Food Network. They were in town filming some stuff about Round Rock, they'd been to the new Salt Lick, Lone Star Bakery, and were advised to come over there for lunch. They got there, and decided to film it too!

I can't tell you how excited I am that this little gem has the chance to be featured on national TV! How COOL is that??!?! Well....now to think about it.....uh oh....what if they get too big and too busy and forget all about their favorite customer??

Nah, I would love it if everyone knew about this awesome little place. They've been running it for something like 30 years or so. So, next time you need a good sandwich fix - check em out! I always get the TexAndwich on French.....it's so good! :)


Don't forget to get your Tex-Andwiches Club card stamped. After 5 sandwiches, you get a free small one! I can't count the number of times that I've filled up those cards! :)

9 comments:

~Kara~ said...

Oh Oh Oh! Get the chicken salad sammich next time. I'm sure you've tried it, but for those of you that haven't... it's da bestest!
Goooo Tex-Andwiches!

Unknown said...

One look at that sammich and I just want to saunter over to it and be all "hey..how you doin?"

That bread looks out of this world.

I must cry now as I am not within driving distance of this gem.

Peace - Rene

~Kara~ said...

And btw... WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOVE YOURSELF in front of the film crew's camera?? I'm dissapointed in you AP.

Annemarie said...

I am such a creature of habit, and scared to try something new in fear that it won't be as good as what I already know is yummy....that No, I haven't tried the chicken salad. Maybe next time (yeah, right, who am I kidding!!!)

And, oh Kara, don't think I didn't think about it....

Thoughts in AP's head....."well, for sure they would want to interview Tex-Andwiches #1 customer....".

But then I remembered how idiotic I looked on the news last time I got the chance to be on TV, and snuck out without being noticed!!

Rene - these sandwiches talk back! It would say "Good....now EAT me!"

DCM Photography said...

you've done it again, made me hungry at 4pm... who am I kidding. I am always hungry at 4pm. Tex-Andwiches is so good. I recently was at their new RR location. Yum!

Brett Bollman said...

Yeah... this looks pretty good. This may be a big insult to Tex-Andwiches... but it kinda reminds me of a Schlotzsky's sandwich. I used to eat those a lot back in Vegas... don't know if TX is one of the 35 states Schlotzsky's is in.

I'm hungry.

Annemarie said...

Yeah, it LOOKS like Schlotzskys...and we have them all over Texas....but it's so not the same. And....you know how I feel about local places to eat!!

Beankountess said...

Thanks for reminding me. I need to try out their new location. The old one, was a little 'dated' and probably closed by the health department. But, it was really good! ;-)

All About the Arredondos said...

I think I might just eat there today!!! You got me hungry now! Thank you for turning me onto them!!