Friday, June 20, 2008

My SYTYCD Recap

So, I just finished watching the first 2 shows and eliminations....and since now I'm a little bored, I thought that I'd post about how much I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. I mean....damn, this kids can dance. I don't always enjoy all the dances.....some of them I could really do without, but most of them are seriously sick. How these people can do this stuff is just beyond me....I'm so in awe. I wish that I could do anything half as well as they can do the dances.

Something else about this show is the music. Ever heard of One Republic? They blew up after being on SYTYCD last year for an episode. There is always amazing music that the choreographers find to make the dancers bodies move to. They also showcase a lot of songs that people might already know, but then throw these just freaking amazing dances to for our enjoyment. I love Mia Michaels, and Shane Sparks does some crazy awesome stuff.

So, not sure how long these links will work....but here are my favs from week 1 and 2. If you don't watch this show already.....watch these and see if you change your mind. :)

From Week 1:

Chelsie and Mark danced a contemporary number to Beautiful by Meshell Ndefeocello.


Joshua and Katee
did an awesome routine to No Air by Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown. I love the hip hop slower dances.


From Week 2:

I loved the routine that Gev and Courtney did to Lost by Anouk, it was absolutely moving to me, I did rewind and watch this one twice....and just now again on YouTube. Seriously....beautiful. The singer is an artist that I'd never heard of before, but this song was amazingly wonderful, and perfect for this piece.


I saved the best for last. Twitch and Kherington were gorgeous together in the Viennese Waltz to A New Day by Celine Dion. You may not all know how I feel about Celine, but I love her music. One of my favorite dances from Season 2 was to one of her songs too.....they just move so well with the dancers. Besides them both looking so stunning together in their white outfits for this number, it was extra special with the back story about the choreographer's daughter....the dancing, the story, the music....it's just all too much sometimes.


So....just a few more comments. The group dance at the beginning of the 2nd elimination was to a great song, and it was so freaking cool. Check this one out too!!!

Oh my goodness....Flo Rida performed on the 2nd elimation show too. He is on FIRE....first Low, then Elevator, and now this song about Putting Your Hands in the Air....or something like that. I am so loving him right now too! You just can't sit still when listening to his jams!!

So, I'll close with that I'm a little bummed to see Marquis go after his solo....it was pretty amazing, although he hadn't done anything for me in the dances. My fav dancers for this season, so far, are: Will, Gev, Courtney, Comfort, Joshua, and Twitch. At this point, the guys are standing out a little more than the girls....but I'm excited for what is left to come!!!

No comments: