Saturday, June 7, 2008

Ahh.....back home....and at the LAKE!!!

Lora was in town for a convention, and after it was finished for the day on Saturday.....I convinced her to join me on the lake. We met Chris, Colin and TK at the marina and were off for a fantastic day in the sun.

It turned out to be a gorgeous day....lots of sun....and oh boy - lots of WIND!!! OMG, the wind was out of control!!! We put down our anchor and pretty much stayed in one spot all day....but the boats that were tied up to each other around us....well, they didn't do such a great job of anchoring themselves. At one point, this large row of boats came up on us, and got stuck on our anchor. Lora and I tried to help out Chris as much as we could, without getting in the way, but what a mess. The funniest part about it was that the people on the boats that were moving, didn't even realize that it was THEIR mistakes that were causing the ruckus, and were making some comments that put all of us on edge. Um, we aren't drifting FORWARD, people!! Ha! BUT, we got it figured out with the help of some folks, and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon, and early evening, on Chump Change.





OH....I have to mention a first for me this time on Lake Travis. I've seen the Tug's BBQ boat out there EVERY time, but never tried the food. Well....Lora and I were starved, so we did. We enjoyed turkey and sliced brisket sammiches, potato salad and watermelon - ALL super tasty!! :)





1 comment:

loragaige said...

What a wonderful day!!! It cracks me up that we're so pale in the first pic then we were catching up with our tans by the end of the day.

And it's a little funny that I put Tug's as a highlight of the day on my write up too! hehe :)