Friday, May 2, 2008

NSM Day 3

Today wasn't nearly as hard to get up for....but there is something about conferences in Orlando vs Vegas.....must be the lack of that pumped in oxygen that makes it harder to stay awake!!

We had morning speakers, and then they drew the winners for the various prizes from the week. Well.....remember the thing we filled out yesterday for the training sessions.....they put those all in a bag, and pulled out a winner....and....they called MY name!! I was shocked!!! I won a Lenovo X300 laptop! Are you kidding me?!?! Not sure what I will do with it.....I can't exactly walk around using a Lenovo laptop when I'm pushing HP printers...but we'll see.

Then it was round table training sessions.....closing remarks.....boxed lunches....and then either a golf tourney or spending the afternoon at the pool cabanas. Guess which one I did. :) It was a perfect day for the pool, and the hotel had a lazy river that I went around on about 8 times - so relaxing!!

We got all cleaned up and had a nice sunset dinner at the pool. I decided to carb load and prepare myself for the long night in front of me, and after having my first round of dinner, hit up the baked potato bar and ate the entire thing. :)


For those of us that were still awake, and up for some MORE fun....there was an arranged 11pm bus to the adult part of Disney.....Pleasure Island. 45 minutes later, we were there. This shows you how far away from everything we actually were. But, this was where all the bars and clubs reside at Disney, and we decided it was the perfect way to wind down the last few days of all day trainings. We had shots, beers, and I danced until the last call for the ride home at 2am. Got home a little after 3am and crashed HARD until my 7am wakeup call for the 8am ride to the airport.





Talk about T.I.R.E.D!!! I slept the entire flight home, half of the time crashed out on JD's shoulder, the other half on the window. :)

I had a great time meeting all the people that I'll be working with, and feel extremely grateful and thrilled to be working at such a great company! Here's to the hard road ahead of me, and my REAL first day on Monday! :)

1 comment:

~Kara~ said...

I'm diggin the bangs! They look good! Looks like you joined another fun group! :)