Saturday, May 10, 2008

March for Babies

Today was the annual March for Babies, a fundraiser for premature babies. I've had a few friends that have been through this with their children, so it's a cause that is near to me. It was held at Auditorium Shores this year, on a very muggy Austin morning.

I walked with Renae and the Dusatko Family. Ari and Ava were born at 28 weeks and spent the first few months of their teeny lives in the NICU. I was also thrilled to run into Lesley, Joel and Daylan at the event. Daylan just celebrated his 2nd birthday and is as cute as ever!! He was there with a few other graduates from his NICU days too.

The walk was about 4 miles.....Ari and Ava did GREAT!! Ari got to get out of the stroller for a little bit and enjoy the sites from higher ground. Ava was content to sit in the stroller the entire time.















After the walk was over....we were starved, so we headed over to Maudie's and feasted on some amazing Mexican grub. I had the Chipotle Shrimp Quesadillas.....all I can say is YUMMMM!!! The kids were pooped, as were the adults. I came home.....headed to the pool....and proceeded to get a little bit of sun. :)




It felt good to get out and support a great cause today with friends. Of course, I had even more fun because I had my camera. Feel free to view the rest of the photos!

1 comment:

DCM Photography said...

Sorry I missed you guys. Your pictures look great. I spent more time with my niece on my shoulders or pulling her in the wagon. Not enough taking pictures. Great job capturing the details!