Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bees and Huka

When I found out that I’d be in Utah for training, I got in touch with Justin to see if he and his friends would be in town while I was here….lucky for me, they were. (Lora and I met Justin, Jake and Steve when we were in Park City earlier this year). So, we talked this afternoon, and made plans to do something fun after work.

The weather was a little sketchy during the day, but the rain went away and the clouds cleared up…so it was the perfect night for a Salt Lake City Bees baseball game. Justin, Ross and Steve came to get me, and we met Jake, Dalan, Sam, Richard and Skip at the stadium for the “Thirsty Thursday” game.



I think that my favorite part of the game was the view…..it’s so beautiful to see the mountains as the background of the game. Seriously, so gorgeous.


I REALLY wanted to hang out with the Bee, but he didn't make his way to where we were. Oh well, maybe next time.




The guys were so much fun; I had a smile on my face the whole time that I wasn’t already laughing. The Bees pulled out a win over the team from Colorado.....so we had to continue the fun and celebrate the victory! :)


After the game, we headed a little bit north to a place called The Huka Bar. I would have never expected to find a place like this in the middle of Utah. The place was packed and the crowd was awesome. We enjoyed the band playing Reggae music from the best seat in the house. All the tables were taken, but we scored the small couch that was under the big screen TV. :)




I had such a great time tonight….I’m sure I’ll be tired tomorrow, but it was worth it. Hopefully I’ll get to hang out with this gang again before I head home. :)

No comments: