Sunday, February 24, 2008

Ice Bats WIN!!!




My original plans for Saturday night fell through, so I was open to doing something....anything....and when Toni brought up the idea to go to an Ice Bats game....I was more excited than I probably should have been. I'm always up for doing something different, and I've been wanting to go to a game since I moved to Austin!! So, we called, got some tickets and were off to my first Ice Hockey game.

Turns out that Toni is a pretty big IH fan, which was news to me, so she filled me in on what was going on...all while I was watching the game from behind the lens of my camera. :) I also learned that Toni's dream job is to be the DJ at this kind of event....as in the person that plays the little snippets of music in between the plays....you know, like "CHARGE" and all that jazz!! Interesting.....she was making me laugh commenting on the choices...."Oh yeah, now this is a good song......I would have been playing music throughout the whole break.....why would you play this one, it's so not right!".

We had great seats in the upper deck area, above the goal where the Ice Bats shot twice. Turns out that we were also seated in the "wives section".....although there weren't too many of them there.

It was the Susan G Komen night at the game, so that is why the players are all wearing pink. I think that it made for some great pics. :) The Bats won 3 - 1 over Corpus Christi and get to go to the playoffs now.

We got a pic with "FANG", the mascot, before we left, although, he wasn't looking at the camera for my self portrait.

Fun night and glad I finally got that marked off my list!!

No comments: