Monday, July 28, 2008

"Es Pretty Good" in Texas Today

I'm still in Houston.....I did a little rearranging of my schedule to be sure that I was going to be able to attend the Freedom Tour. I have to fly out for work on the night that I was supposed to go in Austin, so I did a little massaging to my calendar....and it all worked out that I'll still get to go, and also get to spend some time with my buddy, Brett, while he was here. You know, since he made it ALL the way to Texas......and Lora and I are still indebted to him for being our fabulous tour guide in Santa Barbara at the beginning of the year. :)

So, after working all day from Lora's (man, seriously, today was one busy day - ugh), I headed to the airport to pick up Brett and a few others so they'd have a proper Texas welcome this afternoon. I can only imagine how horrid the heat must feel here to them.....coming in from CA, MA and IL......ugh, it's sooooo bad. Anyways........

After everyone arrived and got a little settled in, I got to test out if 8 adults really CAN fit in my car tonight when we all headed to enjoy some great TexMex and conversations at Lupe Tortilla. I can't say enough wonderful things about everyone that was part of dinner tonight - DJ, Jasmine, Paul, Shyla, Kenny, and of course Brett - the pleasure of your company was all Lora's and mine. :)


I just have to say too, that it's so lovely to be around people that enjoy the same things that you do. It's kind of weird to realize how much hearing people talk so excitedly about how much they love what they do, or about how much they love a certain piece of glass, can make you feel so great inside....like your liver is smiling. I'm excited about hearing DJ and Jasmine speak tomorrow, and meeting some more great people.....oh, not to mention seeing the new stuff in Lightroom 2.0 and ShowIt Sites. Just in the short time with the folks tonight, it's strikingly apparent why they are so successful at what they do. I'm a little nervous that they might be a little too inspiring, and I might want to take some leaps that I've honestly been way too scared to take before. But....for now, I need some sleep. So, I'll keep you all posted if I do anything drastic. :)

10 comments:

N_Moore said...

take those leaps girl...take them!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've saw Mayer last year in concert too and he was brilliant, i'm definately going to check him out again this weekend! I'll be at the tour tonight as well, hopefully I'll run into you.

loragaige said...

Such a fun blog...since I don't think I ever read it this morning!! We were too busy checking out Kenny's! ;)

Another wonderful weekend!! Thank you so much for coming into town and making it so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if this is the same Lupe's that my family loves so much, just off the 10 and really tucked away? The main cross road is 6-something....they have the outside bar that serve's margs in little 'V' shaped plastic cups and has the little sand playground for kids in front?

Wouldn't that be something.

-the Fish

Sean Wray said...

I can't wait till tonight. I'm going with Dave to see DJ in Austin. I started reading his info and looking at the videos. I think he's going to be great. I hope I can get a "road map" for my business. I need to get it going now, more than ever.

Sassani Photography said...

DUDE, you don't have my blog linked on the side!!!

Katherine said...

Awww...I wish I could have met you two! You seem like so much fun!! The room in Houston was soo packed! Wasn't last night great?

KK from Louisiana

DCM Photography said...

Thanks so much for introducing me to David Jay and Jasmine. The seminar was totally awesome! Wish you could have been with us here in Austin (That is where you live you know!!)

kennykimdotcom said...

sweet! great blog posts annemarie! :) look forward to hanging out again. You'll always have a friend in Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I guess you weren't in Austin and didn't miss meeting you! I looked for you...but I guess you went to Houston. You are a busy girl!

Hopefully one day I'll get to meet up with you when I'm in Austin again. If you're ever down South in the Corpus area, or get the beach bug, give me a holler! You've got a place to stay!

Grace