Wednesday, July 9, 2008

AP - The Superhero-ine!

This morning, as I was packing up and unplugging all of my electronics at the hotel, I totally shocked myself!!! Well, maybe shocked isn't the right word because it didn't feel like the same as when you scoot yourself along the carpet in tennies....maybe it was more like a really low level electrocution! It was a really stinging feeling.

Well, after this happened, my wireless card in my laptop wasn't responding....so I immediately foresaw hours on the phone with HelpDesk....ugh.....but then started to ponder if it might have been something else altogether (especially after the wireless starting working again). Maybe this was what needed to happen for me to finally get my long awaited superpower!!!

So, you've probably all been asked this question, at least once, in your lifetime: "If you could have any, what would your superpower be?". What are your responses? Well, mine is to automatically know the lyrics to any song that I hear. Yes, I'd be Super Lyric Girl. Now, I realize that this is a totally selfish superpower, because I really don't picture me having to "save the world" with my ability. I might be summoned to a heated discussion where I get to help prove one (most likely inebriated) person right over the other, which would be totally fun in my opinion, but I won't be saving humanity or suffering by any means.

So, I was anxious to test out my new power once I got back home. I turned on the local country station, because I was sure to find a song there that I hadn't hear before. I did.....a catchy little tune which I assumed was called "Don't Blink". Well, boo. Whatever happened to me this morning, did not, in fact, grant me my superpower. Damn. Guess lyrics.net will continue to be used.

Oh well, I guess that gives me more time to come up with my outfit. I'm still contemplating the colors and the logo. I don't really like where it's going right now. Hey, Spidey's first outfit wasn't that great either folks! Give me some time. I'll be famous one day and they'll totally make a badass movie about me! :)

1 comment:

LD said...

You called him "Spidey"! My heart is all a-flutter.

Seriously though, shame about your lack of super-power. Although, I'm not going to lie...you're better off for not knowing the lyrics to "Don't Blink" - it sucks.