Thursday, July 10, 2008

AP's Thursday Food Log.....

Tonight I met up with Kara, Teri and Toni for a little girl time catching up at McCormick & Schmick's in The Domain. They have the best happy hour specials, and usually it's nice enough to sit outside on the patio...but the rain and lack of covered umbrella tables kept us inside this time.

We all had stories from our most recent trips to share. Teri and her husband recently took a trip with 7 other family members to Hawaii......Toni returned not too long ago from a week and a half work trip to Sao Paulo, Brazil......Kara, Terry and the girls were fresh from their family visits in Ohio......and I was just back from DC/VA/MD. For some regular gals from Austin, we sure do some traveling. :)

There were a few other highlights of the evening.....the abnormally loud glass breakage from the table next to us.....running into this girl from college and getting all the updates on what everyone from that time in my life is doing (although I could honestly care less).....and just getting to actually spend time with friends, that is really the best part.


I then walked over to Joe Dimaggio's for yet ANOTHER work dinner. What a super neat place!! It's decorated with all baseball memorabilia (obviously) and the atmosphere in there is so swanky. There is a piano player in the bar area, it's dimly lit, and I loved all of the big oversized booths. I tried some new things once again....this time it was mussels and scallops. Both were better than the oysters from my last "try new things" experience. The roasted garlic that was spread with cheese and sundried tomatoes was excellent (good thing we all ate it....it was very strong and plentiful)....but the best part was my filet, cooked to perfection at medium rare. I ate every bit of it and was a very happy diner. :)

I came home and watched the results of SYTYCD, and was happy that the two that went, did. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't watched yet.....but the top 10 is going to be amazing this year!!!

No comments: