Monday, August 25, 2008

US Open and Free to Succeed Tour in NYC

We had a yummy crepe lunch early afternoon at Grand Central Station, and then took the 42nd bus out to the US Open. When Brett first mentioned that he wanted to go to this, I was all for it....but I really had no clue what it was. I knew it was tennis, but that's about all. Luckily it's a pretty easy game to pick up on as a spectator, and it was actually quite entertaining - I had a great time all day!

We started out watching a match between two girls, where Brett shared his method for deciding which person to root for - whoever is cuter, of course! :) I was glad to know that this method worked for the men as well when we moved over to catch Wawrinka beat (the much cuter, and who I was rooting for) Bolelli. The highlight of our day was being able to see #1 seat, Nadal, play Phau. Phau kept up pretty good to make it an interesting and intense game, but ended up losing in the end.

It was a lot of fun, and of course, now I really want to play some tennis. I bet that I'd be terrible at it, but I still want to try. Anyone have an extra racket I can borrow? Want to volley? :)



The evening took us out to Chinatown.....where we met us with the Free to Succeed Tour. Right when we got to the Sheraton, we saw Shyla and I couldn't have been happier to see her!! We went for a Pinkberry run.....one of her latest obsessions.....and then headed back to the bus to for some good old fashioned girl talk while the rest of the folks finished up the show.

After the show was over, we all enjoyed some real Chinatown Chinese food on the bus. I'm so glad that I got to see everyone again, and meet a few new friends too, while the tour stopped in NY.

2 comments:

DCM Photography said...

Damn! That is way cool!!!

Brett Bollman said...

Woo Hoo!!! Go cute girls!!! :o)

This was such a fun day for me! Thanks for being so willing to have fun and learn about tennis!