Saturday, March 31, 2007

Little Angel Sophia

I met Scarlett through Corey about 6 years ago. She and her husband John are 2 of the nicest people that I've ever met. I went to Scarlett's baby shower this afternoon (30 mins late after getting lost on the freaking toll roads to Pflugerville), although she wasn't pregnant anymore.....Scarlett had Sophia a week before her baby shower. I met with Scarlett for lunch at the end of February, and she was having a great pregnancy, no issues, complications, feeling great, until one of her dr appointments around 24 weeks. She went in and they told her she had preeclampsia, and that she had to stay on bedrest until further notice. Well, she went into the doctor a week or so ago for another checkup and they took her to perform a c-section that day. Sophia Belle was born on March 22nd, 2 months early. She weighed in at 2lbs 10oz. She'll be in the NICU for about 7 weeks so everyone can keep an eye on her, and she can get bigger. She's really cute and she looks just like John.

Scarlett is in great spirits, and looks AMAZING. When I asked her where John was during the shower, she said that he was playing golf. They were going to head back to the hospital later together. She has it so together. I can't say that I would have been in any shape to be anywhere BUT the hospital a week later, but the doctors are taking good care of her, and you have to continue to live and do your day to day things to keep your sanity, I guess. I've got a lot to learn about being a parent...but I can't wait. :) Anyways, I know that they are going to be wonderful parents, and I look forward to the day when they bring Sophia home and we all get to meet the little angel.

No comments: